Sunday 26 September 2010

The One from the back deck

Currently being stuck working out in a container on the back of my new boat (here is the view from my desk) I have come to appreciate the simple pleasures of my soon to be ready office - including a very good stereo system. It is in the last 6 weeks of construction before handover and we are not allowed into the accommodation for another 3 weeks. This is ok because I have been put up in a decent hotel and all my meals are paid for up front (as opposed to having to expense them and claim them back later which as anyone else who has to do this knows – blows immensely).

Anyone who works with me probably knows how much I need my music on to be able to be productive. Usually in the London office I have my very comfortable head phones to cut out the office banter and zero me in on my work. Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of my headphones out here so I have just been playing the music through my laptop speakers. They are very ordinary and I have decided to compile a list of tracks that should never be played this way:

Hail Hail – Pearl Jam
Plush – Stone Temple Pilots
Comfort Me – Pacifier
Anything by Faith No More

I must say however that Orbital and Chemical Brothers sound particularly good!

No comments: