Saturday 4 October 2008

The One at the Wedding

I suppose I cannot write about my trip home without mentioning the main attraction why I was there - the brothers wedding. It was a grand day that had many highlights. It was great to catch up with all the relo’s that many I hadn’t seen for a number of years. The Bride was stunning (looking like she was well out of the bro’s league) and the bridesmaids looked gorgeous as well. I suppose us lads scrubbed up alright as well.

The ceremony and reception were at the Cromer Golf club so we had the opportunity to have a spin in the golf carts between the two. This was a lot of fun. Especially when I tried to make it up a steep incline in the wet, spinning my wheels before the top, causing the poor bridesmaid in the cart with me to leap from the vehicle (claiming it was going to tip) and sinking into the mud. Determined as I was, I attempted it a second time only to fall a metre short and then slide down the hill through a safety net. It took me a good five minutes to burst my way through the netting, leaving a gaping hole that needed to be repaired (apologies to the Bird if he got any stick for it).

On returning to the reception I took it upon myself to try and have a catch up drink with everyone I hadn’t seen for a while. Needless to say my best attempt failed miserably but I had fun trying…

No comments: