Monday 12 August 2013

Bingo Booty


On my last night before leaving for Saudi, the Girl decided to spoil me by taking us to my favourite Mexican restaurant, Tortilla Flats. It also happened to be my favourite night of the week there - Bingo Night, where you play for shirts, shots and glory. As the night goes on the bar gets a lot rowdier and the drinking looser.

As luck would have it I won a particular round, known as "the Gin" round, which meant I had to scull a near full pint of gin in order to receive the booty. In one foul movement I picked up the glass, peppered my lips to the rim and threw back the ghastly contents before the throat could taste the poison. I was pretty impressed with my feat, which grew into pride as I received high fives from all of the staff members who looked on wide eyed.

My booty ended up being three T-shirts and shots for the table (unfortunately there was only two of us and the waiter had to drink the Girls, who was working the next day). Once the shots were demolished, I cleaned off the pitcher of potent Sangria that the girl and I had shared (I think she managed a glass and a half). After that, I kind of remember walking to get a Magnolia cupcake, but mostly only waking up the next morning with a nasty headache. What an awesome night though, to send me to the dry Saudi for a month.

No comments: