Tuesday 23 September 2008

The one at Oktoberfest

We left for Oktoberfest on the Friday morning in order to get 4 good days of drinking in. The girl stayed at home as she doesn't drink beer so I was rowdier than usual. The first day/night was rather story free so I will jump to day 2.

Day 2: The opening of Oktoberfest is apparently a highlight of ones drinking life. Having seen it before I was not all that keen to get out of bed at 6am to try and head for the tables. Instead we slept in and let the others in our apartment make the early dash for glory. This was in itself a brilliant idea as we rocked up and jumped on there table anyway (with the beers not being tapped until midday). The extra 4 hours sleep meant we lasted well into the night.

For some reaon the Running Man decided to make a game out of drinking out of shoes. The shoe was removed from the unsuspecting victim (usually by force) before beer being poured inside and then drunk by the victim. While hilarious it also conjured up thoughts of where the shoes had been. Towards the end we had a massive crowd of locals who rather enjoyed our game and joined in our shouts of "shoe shoe shoe shoe" everytime we nabbed someone new. We had a few variations on this game "Thong thong thong thong" and "boot boot boot boot" which appeared to be just as popular.

At the end of the evening we played a carnival game where you shot at pineapples with a little gun. It was a rather fun game until I shot one, only to see it get stuck in the pineapples fronds (is that what they are called?) The attendant was a little embarressed when I started proclaiming "Shenanigans" at the top of my voice. He knocked over the pineapple claiming fair shot but I wasn't satisfied until he bought me off with a squeak toy.

Day 3: Hangover in tow we headed back to the main arena and found ourselves in the Hoffenbrau tent. An oversight on my part had left my boxer shorts on. Soon they were ripped off and thrown at the pig (a giant pig hanging from the roof - covered in underwear). The only consollation was the marks the next day around the running mans torso from where I busted his jocks.

Towards the end of the day a group of germans came and sat at our table. I eyed off the expensive looking boots of the female and asked if she would like to drink out of them. She said a polite no and her friend said she had paid €850 a day earlier. This led to me being rather surprised when later (after several pints) she offered it up for service. The roar was in unison from the crowd as I filled it up with a whole stein. "Boot boot boot boot" as I began to chug away before realising what the whole stein was in fact a litre where it was passed around the table for everyone to sample the expensive wears.

As the eveing closed it became a messy affair - especially after a group of girls (lets call them kiwi bitches) and one bloke tried to muscle in on our table. They were politely told to be as seen as the kiwi army and reluctantly gave up. A little later they came back and a pair of undies was thrown at (a nameless girl that was travelling with me, is from Melbourne who used to work with me offshore and has been referred to as Cans). She didn't stand for it and in one of the most hilarious scenes - jumped the barrier to confront the KB's. It took me a while to pick myself up from the laughter and follow her over to break it up. Some friendly Italians had rescued her and chased off the KB's. After promising not to mention the story to anyone (who really reads my blog?) we proceeded home. In between my fits of laughter, I harrassed anyone implying "keep those undies in your pants or I will unleash the cat fighter onto you"

No comments: