Friday 2 December 2011

The New Board

Possibly trying to relive the days of my youth I purchased a new board to cruise the streets of NYC. It is quite a good ride - smooth, stable and a nice turning circle.

Unfortunately my body does not respond to the steely coordination of my teen years and I wasn't the most graceful of travellers through the streets. I did however maintain my dignity by remaining on the board.

Although the next day my muscles let me know the age I was gaining with some excessive soreness to areas I hadn't even known existed.

I ventured down to a local funiture store this morning to pick up a nice bench seat we had decided to purchase on the weekend. Figuring I would be able to skate both there and home with the added difficulty I was soon proven wrong with my lack of coordination.

A nice old lady stopped my dead in the street and begged me to walk the rest of the way, ensuring I wouldn't "damage the lovely antique chair."

It's safe to say I made it home a little later than expected but the chair was in one piece.

No comments: