Sunday 1 November 2009

The One at Halloween

At Halloween owning a monkey suit can have its advantages in costume selection. Rather than go to a party as a plain ape I decided to vary it up a bit. I bought a waist coat, matching fez, tail and some black wings that produced a costume fresh out of "The Wizard of Oz" - the flying monkey.

The costume was a massive hit and rather appropriate given we spent most of the evening outside. The Girl, like most of the other women there that night, had next to nothing on in her skimpy bumblebee outfit (that I certainly had an appreciation of). This meant she spent most of the night clung to me for warmth.

The whole night was blast until, unable to delay the inevitable any longer, I had to make for a bathroom break. Rather than go the hassle of a near complete costume removal (which I figured would be a regular occurence once the seal was broken) I decided to acquire a pair of scissors and create an easy access. This proved to be a winning solution and the party proceeded with a very happy monkey.

No comments: